June 26, 2013 by lovenellie
As I sit here today whilst a filming crew film a Cake advert around me I thought i would list the things for your home that have inspired me of late. It will keep my mind off eating the models…..yummy.
1) Something to buy.……I spotted this new Company at Home show and I think it’s genius idea. Bob and Brace sold out of their first run of shelves and are now back in the workshop ..very busy.
Founded in 2013 Flash Bang & Wallop is the first of a series of hand-made furniture by Lee Stewart and Kailesh Parmar.who make the most amazing box shelves with leather handles to hang them up. They would look perfect with books or vases in or even in play rooms to store toys where you don’t want a huge piece of furniture but have a space to fill. Such a clever idea yet so simple. I am predicting that these will become a huge trend.
2) Something to think about. Yellow… as in the colour for your home. Not often used as we all seem to have become slightly brainwashed into the Farrow and Ball colour version of the world but I think it’s not used enough and is very cheery ! I predict paint pots of yellow flying off the shelves.
3) Something to make….. I think that old drawers lined with wallpaper and then popped on to your walls make amazing shelves. It’s a really cheap way of repurposing something and making a design statement at the same time. You can also paint them to match your scheme or even decoupage them… the possibilities are endless
4) Something to grow.… Salvia is my plant of the moment. I love the colour and instead of using it in a boarder why not fill a whole container with it as I think it looks amazing.
5) Something to save up for!!!! – I saw these sculptures at Chelsea Flower show, Rachel Carter created sculptures but hand weaving willow. I just love these eggs if only i had a garden big enough and a few spare pounds!!
Have a good day everyone and more soon. I’m off to sample the cakes!
Lots of Love